Publisher Name 01
Type of Job
About the job
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth provides programs and services to people in the Halifax Regional Municipality encompassing the cities of Halifax and Dartmouth and the surrounding communities, as well as across the province of Nova Scotia. The Association has over 165 years of a rich tradition in meeting the changing needs of the community. Our YMCA provides services encompassing Health and Wellness, Employment, Childcare, Residential and Camp, Immigrant Services and Leadership Development. The Association employs 150 full-time and part-time staff and the community benefits from the annual contribution of over 300 YMCA volunteers.
Nature & Scope:
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth Employment Program delivers a comprehensive service for unemployed individuals in the HRM and surrounding areas. We provide one-on-one coaching, employment assessments, needs determination, case management, job development as well as linking clients to appropriate community resources. Reporting to the Manager of the YMCA NS Works Employment Service Center, the Job Developer will be responsible for matching clients to employment opportunities and working with employers to promote our clients and educate CNSC staff of employer expectations.
· Manage the coordination of targeted outreach services acting as the liaison between employers and CNSC staff and clients
· Cultivate new and existing relationships through regular employer meetings in person, over the phone and by email.
· Provide assistance to employers and facilitate access to appropriate programs, resources and services
· Work with center staff to facilitate better job matching/job developing
· Participate on Regional Workforce Committee; develop strategic partnerships with sector Councils, networks and agencies
· Establish and maintain links with external agencies such as Labour and Advance Education, Department of Community Service
· Promote Careers NS Centers through memberships such as Chamber of Commerce
This item is connected to a text field in your Content Manager. Double click on the dataset icon to add your own content. Click the Content Manager icon to manage collections.
Halifax, NS, Canada